"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Avery's BIG Mistake
Yesterday the kids and I went over to play at the Phillipy's house. It was a great day until Avery made her BIG mistake. Basically, she found a Sharpie and then found a dresser. She colored over the entire front of the dresser. I felt so sick to my stomach I did not know what to do. Lorna was so nice about the whole thing, but I still felt horrible. When we got home I decided to see if the good old Mr. Clean Magic Eraser would work, so I tested it on the inside of my cabinets. It worked! I made Trent go to the store and buy a few packs of the erasers and send them home with Daren. Daren said that it took all the pen off, but some of the finish came off in a few spots too. I am slightly relieved, but I still feel awful. Thanks for being so gracious you guys. So in conclusion, I have put all types of writing utensil into hiding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow you guys have been busy blogging lately. So cute that you could go on a daughter date. I dresser would just make me sick. What do you even say in the situation? Thanks for the heads up cause that is something Vallie would totally do.
I can't believe that eraser actually worked! Remind me when I have kids that I need to buy that. I miss you guys so much. Only about 2 more months to go.
Erika -You are so hilarious! I have to say that the magic clean things are truly magic! All the marker came of of the dresser (I lovingly let Daren do it) haha. As for the wall- it was totally in need of a new color anyways so it is fine!!!! I know how it feels to be on the other side of that. My parents bought a brand new beautiful couch (it literally cost a fortune). My darling 2 year old Alec thought that it needed more color I guess. Anyways, needless to say he drew all over the brand new love seat in black sharpie marker. My parents about died (and so did I)! They never got the marker out of that couch and had to cover it up with a throw blanket the 2nd day they had it. It didnt make it any better that the couch was a really light color and that it was made out of material and not leather!
Post a Comment