Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Ashlyn Dear!

Happy, Happy Birthday Ashlyn dear. Happy days will come to you all year. I can't believe my little girl is 5! Yesterday Ashlyn asked me to tell her how she was born. This is the story I told her. "One Sunday morning I woke up and my tummy hurt really bad. Daddy and I decided not to go to church that day because we thought you would be coming very soon. My tummy hurt all day and late that night we went to the hospital. 26 hours later you came! It was the happiest we had ever been." Ashlyn is such a great little girl. She thinks she is so grown up. When I asked her why she was so excited to have a birthday she said, "because that means that I can go to Kindergarten!" Here is a look at Ashlyn on her first few birthdays.
Ashlyn's actual birth day

1st birthday

2nd birthday
3rd birthday
4th birthday
Stay tuned for pictures from this years party. Ashlyn, we love you so much. We are so thankful that you are a part of our family. We couldn't imagine what our lives would be like without you in it.

5 comments:

Trista said...

Happy Birthday, Ashlyn! We wish we could be closer to celebrate with you, but we are so happy you're turning 5! Wow! What a big girl.

Sara said...

Happy B-day, Ashlyn! She is such a cutie! I love the story you told her about how she was born:) 26 hours later...wow! You were a trooper!

Vic and Jan said...

Your first child is five and starting school! So exciting for Ashlyn and her parents. You've got a lot to look forward to. Happy Birthday, Ashlyn!

Tennille said...

These years go by so fast I can't believe it. Tell Ashlyn I will bring her a gift next month. Happy Birthday.

ETCK said...

I love seeing how she's grown over the years. She's such a sweet girl. You two have done a great job!