"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Trying to Understand the Mind of a Three Year Old
Sometimes I just sit back and wonder what in the world is going through my kids minds. The other night Avery was very tired. She should have gone to bed a good hour before she did. Because of this she was overly tired and overly cranky. It all started because she didn't want to sleep with a pull-up on. She isn't quite ready for underwear at night, but after some screaming I decided she could wear underwear to bed if she went to the bathroom first. That caused more tears. Then I chose the wrong pajamas. Out of all of the pajamas that she has she wanted to wear Ashlyn's. I put them on her determined not to have any more tears. But, of course, more tears and screaming. I guess they didn't feel quite like she had imagined. To make a very long night short, this is how she ended up. No pajamas, no bathroom before bed, pull-up thank goodness, and the one thing she wanted to cuddle with to make it all better, her Nutcracker which was the only thing she asked Santa for this year. As hard as I try I will never completely understand what is going on in their little minds, but it sure is fun to try.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
A stubborn child can be a good thing too. Hopefully she will stand firm in good gospel principles. I've never known a child who wanted a nutcracker for Christmas. Where did that come from?
Thats so cute and frustrating at the same time. Yazzi does that ALOT! The nutcracher is so funny!
That is so cute. She is a princess among princesses in that picture.
How cute! She is a very determined little girl. :) I love reading your stories like that and I know Ashlyn and Avery will appreciate it later in life as well.
Cute little Avery! I know how that goes...Madi went through that phase and I about lost my mind! Girls are so much drama:)LOL. That picture is so cute...that will be a fun story to tell her when she gets older!
Avery asked Santa for a nutcracker every time we saw him. My girls just love to watch Barbie in The Nutcracker. I can't wait to take them to see the real thing someday.
Avery is so cute in that picture. We are going through the same thing in our house with the pull-up thing:-) So I know how you feel:-) Hang in there girl!
that was funny! I can't believe that she did that!!! LOL
Post a Comment