"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Monday, February 16, 2009
Happy (late) Valentines Day
I wanted to wish everyone a Happy (late) Valentines Day. We had a wonderful day. I have a fond memory of when I was little and my dad would fix us the best popcorn. We would eat it and watch a show together or sit outside and listen to the rain. We have carried on that tradition at our house. Our girls love to have popcorn and movie night. So, when I saw these cute popcorn containers (pictured below) I couldn't pass them up. They also loved their little teddy bears that were holding roses. Trent and I had a wonderful night with NO children, not even the baby. Our stake puts on this amazing Valentine dinner and dance every year. This year it was fantastic! We felt like we were at a ball. The decorations were amazing. The food was so good and there was a ton of it. The music brought us back to our Jr. High days. We had a blast dancing, eating, and watching all the other people dance (if you've ever been to a Stake dance as a teenager you know how funny that can be). They offered pictures, but I couldn't convince Trent to get his taken with me:( It was so great to spend an evening with no kids. I love my family so much. Words can't express what they mean to me. I am the luckiest girl I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
From what I have heard from other people in the Ward, the Valentine's dance was really fun. Matt is not the dancer, so that is why we did not go. I had to beg him to dance with me at our own wedding reception!
Glad you guys had a fun day!
Sounds like a fun day! Ashlyn is looking more and more like you as she gets older. They are so adorable! Not one picture of you and Trent? You've gotta work on your convincing skills. ;)
I'm glad the Valentines Dinner was fun! We ended up at the good 'ole Outback Steakhouse with about everyone else and their mom...and Madi and Luke with us! We had a good night though! I love your previous post with Ashlyn dressed like a rockstar...very cute!
Our family's secret word was the perfect one. Don't you agree? I hope the girls always think of us when they eat popcorn. They have very cute smiles in that picture. We'll plan on being in Vegas on February 14th 2010. Sounds really fun!
Post a Comment