Friday, April 24, 2009

Weekly Happenings

We've had a very busy week so far, but despite all of our commitments we managed to have a lot of fun. Here are just a few of our "happenings".

I was very busy so I decided to put Blake in the bath with the girls instead of giving him his own bath. The girls loved it, but it only lasted about 2 minutes. Thank goodness Trent was home to wash the girls while I got Blake dressed.
We played dress up. Blake was terrified of Ashlyn when she wore the cat ears so she decided to put them on him instead.
We created rainbows in our kitchen and then looked for the pot of gold. We still haven't found it :)
It was about 90 degrees outside this week. I couldn't find the blowup pools, so the girls settled on playing with the hose. (Trent found the pools the next day)
Avery loves sliding down the slide into the pool.
I put the mattress down in Blake's crib so he is now a big boy baby. This is his 7 month "bear picture". I can't believe how big he is getting. He's sitting, rolling everywhere, and trying to crawl.
Blake decided to teach himself how to play the piano. He's quite good.
We got out the jumper and had a blast swinging Blake from the door frame. He still hasn't figured out how to jump on his own, but the girls love to push him.

We have done a lot more as well. We played with Avery's rocket (thanks Tara for making those at preschool. We've had a blast). I volunteered at Ashlyn's school. I love being there and I know she loves it when I'm there. We had soccer pictures. And we made bug catchers (I'll post more about those another day). We've done much more, and it isn't even the weekend. We are now looking forward to the soccer game. The head coach is out of town, so it will be up to me to referee the game. I have a Sharing time lesson to prepare and Ashlyn gets to give a talk in Primary. I love weeks like this. The weeks that keep me really busy and push me to keep going all day long. My body, or mainly my shoulder that is messed up, has always had enough by the end, but at least we ALL have a smile on our face at the end of the day.

6 comments:

ETCK said...

Sounds like a fun and eventful week. I kind of wish I was that busy, yet I also don't. :) Blake looks so cute in the picture of him with his bear in the crib. Erik also commented to me on how cute he is and how he's always smiling. We sure miss you guys. I wish we could go to Ashlyn's soccer games.

Vic and Jan said...

Fun things going on! Be sure to be nice to those bugs the girls catch. Next summer when we're all together we ought to have a soccer game. Do you think the old folks can keep up with the little ones? Maybe we can make it challenging and have a three-legged soccer game.

Shelley said...

What a fun week. You are doing lots of fun things with your kids. You are a good Mom.

Heidi said...

Wow, what an exciting week! Glad you had fun. I think when you have a lot to do, it makes the week go by a lot faster.

I LOVE the picture of Blake w/ the cat ears on!! SO CUTE!!!

ashtrost said...

You're such a great mom. I love your outlook on being a mom. You make me want to be a better mom.

Cari Payne said...

What Adorable Pictures! Blake is so Stinkin Cute and the Girls are such Dollies! I can't wait for Sunshine to get our pool out..hopefully soon! Cute Post! Luvs