Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Visit With Tanya

A few weeks ago my sister, Tanya, was able to come and visit us for a while. It was kind of a working trip for her. She came down to take pictures for my preschool as well as some other jobs I booked for her. The most important one of course was taking my family pictures. The week was spent running as many errands as humanly possible while trying to coordinate the perfect outfits for our pictures, taking pictures, a much needed girls night, and playing with the kids. For our girls night we were able to go and eat at The Cheesecake Factory. It was so nice. I was trying to remember the last time that I went out to eat with no kids and no husband and I couldn't even remember. I always have so much fun when I'm with my sisters and this was no exception.
During the down times Tanya spent her time playing with the kids. The kids love their Aunt Tanya and Uncle Erik and they look forward to the times when they get to play with them. My kids are always very shy at first, but they warm up pretty quickly.
One day while we were sitting around with about an hour to kill before we needed to pick up Ashlyn from school, Tanya and a very strange idea to tape Avery's nose up. It was so funny that we decided to do it too. That turned into surprising Ashlyn at school with our noses taped up. No, we didn't get out of the car, but there were a few parents who crossed the street in front of the car and did a double take. We were laughing so hard that we were crying. Ashlyn and her friend Natali thought we were absolutely crazy. I'll tell ya, it feels really good to be around people who can bring out that side of me. I used to be crazy like that all the time, but there are very few people that can get that crazy side out of me now. We decided it would be fun to surprise Trent when he came home from work that night. Here is how we looked when he walked in the front door.

On Saturday Tanya was able to go to one of Ashlyn's soccer games. Ashlyn was so proud to have her Aunt Tanya watching her. The next day was the Primary Program and Ashlyn woke up with a 102.5 fever. She was very upset and refused to participate in the program. Avery on the other hand had never practiced her part. (She is so shy that she won't even repeat the words of a prayer with just our family there.) She refused to practice and I just figured she would not participate either. I was wrong. She sat up on the stand, walked up to the microphone, said her part, smiled at us and sat down. I bawled like a little baby, I was so proud of her, and I was so happy that Tanya was there to witness it.

We had so much fun with Tanya at our house. I wish that she could visit us more than once a year, but at least we get to go to her house a few times a year too. We love you Tanya. Thanks for coming and putting up with all of my craziness:) By the way... she took some amazing pictures of my family which I will post as soon as they are all edited and ready for viewing.

2 comments:

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

I am glad you had such a fun trip! I would love for my sister to come down and play for a while!

Vic and Jan said...

It warms my heart to know that our girls enjoy being with each other. It's great that you had such a fun time.