P.S. I tried to convince everyone that we needed to have one last Santa picture with all of us and the new baby, but that idea was quickly shot down by the husbands:)
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Monday, January 11, 2010
The End Of An Era - The Beginning Of A New One
As silly as it seems I get a little teary eyed when I think about this. My family has been taking pictures with Santa since my older sisters very first Christmas 33 years ago. There hasn't been one single year that we have missed. When the husbands came along we added them and then the kids came. It is quite a big deal for our family. Every year the husbands ask when we will stop this craziness. A few years ago we decided that once each of us original Johansen girls has at least one child, we will pass the torch and only have the grand kids in the Santa pictures. Well, I'm HAPPY and SAD to say that this was our last picture with Santa. I am absolutely thrilled beyond words that Tanya and Erik are having their first baby. Yes, you read that right! Tanya is PREGNANT!!! At the same time I am a little bit sad to pass the torch and end an era. Here is MY last picture with Santa.
Of course we have kept the same tradition in my little family. Here is the 2009 Santa picture. Blake was terrified of Santa every time we would see him, but he didn't even whimper when we put him on his lap. Maybe next year we'll get a good screaming picture:)
P.S. I tried to convince everyone that we needed to have one last Santa picture with all of us and the new baby, but that idea was quickly shot down by the husbands:)
P.S. I tried to convince everyone that we needed to have one last Santa picture with all of us and the new baby, but that idea was quickly shot down by the husbands:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that is so cute! I dont have ANY pics of me on santas lap when i was little...tear! My dad was a bit of a scrooge in a way and didnt let us believe in santa. I will have to blog about it some time:)
You're right, it hasn't always been easy to make sure we get that Santa picture each year, but it has been a fun tradition. I do think the picture will look much better, though, without all of the adults, but maybe we should take just one more picture with adults including grandma and grandpa.
Great picture of all of you! And, big congratulations to Tanya!!! YAY!!! I can't wait to find out if she is having a boy or a girl! :)
Post a Comment