Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ice Skating

While on our Christmas trip to my parents house we decided to take the kids ice skating. Trent and my Dad stayed home with Blake and the rest of us ventured out to the ice. Neither of my kids had ever ice skated before, so we knew it was going to be a challenge. Avery had a tough time. Of course she was only 3 years old at the time. Thank goodness for uncle Erik and grandma who took turns helping her around. My feet hurt so bad in my skates that I couldn't make it more than 1/4 the way around the track before I had to stop.
My mom was great with Ashlyn. It didn't take Ashlyn very long before she could skate a little bit by herself. She had a great time and can't wait to go again next year. If we could just keep her left foot straight she would be really good:)
I was so thankful that my mom came with me to help me with the girls. We had a great time.

2 comments:

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

That looks like it was fun. I miss ice skating. We used to go all the time! Your girls are so cute!

Vic and Jan said...

I had a great time skating with the grandchildren. They all tried so hard and never gave up. I'm so proud of them!