Monday, February 15, 2010

No More Excuses

For 7 years now (since I got pregnant the first time) I've been making excuses as to why I don't exercise regularly. On the top of that excuse list is that I can't fit it into my busy day with the kids. Well, Trent has changed that. He purchased the "Insanity" videos and put us to work. For 4 weeks now we have worked out 6 days a week. Our goals are to tone up and increase our energy so that we can be better parents. Usually we exercise when the kids are asleep, but sometimes that just doesn't work out either. So, the kids dance around the room and try to work out with us. These videos are crazy hard. I have never sweat so much or pushed myself so hard before in my life.
Here I am trying to work my abs with Avery sitting behind me. (I have to say that one of the best things about working out at home is not having to worry about how I look or what I smell like)
Here I am trying to do a high plank exercise with Blake sitting under my stomach. (don't ask me why he is wearing a pink bathrobe)
Exercising regularly is not easy especially when the kids are running all over the place, but at least we are getting it done. 4 more weeks of the videos and we are done. We'll have to figure out what comes next. Now I really can't use all the excuses I used to because I know that they are just excuses and difficult or not, it can be done.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Good for you guys! I think you look wonderful! I need to start working out also!

Shelley said...

Well put! Good for you guys. Seriously, it always seems like there isn't enough time in the day, but we all just need to find time. Way to go.

Cari Payne said...

I am so PROUD of u!! U go girl! and blake looks darling in Pink!!! luvs :)

Vic and Jan said...

Exercising regularly for 4 weeks has to mean it's now a habit. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

It is always better when you have someone else to "push" along with you so that is awesome for both of you...as for me...I am still living with "excuses" at least for through March...LOL

Pam said...

WOW!!! I'm impressed! I've been living on that same #1 excuse for 7 years too!!! But I'm hoping this summer after this baby I'll be able to kick that excuse as well! Thanks for the motivation and the "It can be done" example!

Anonymous said...

Good job! Im super proud of ya...now if i could just get my butt into action!

ashtrost said...

I know, it's so hard to get the energy to work out not that I have three kids. I have a gym membership but it's a chore getting three kids there. I'll have to check those videos out.