Well, it's a little late, but I still wanted to post some of our Easter pictures. The Saturday before Easter we went to see the Easter Bunny. I was so frustrated this year trying to find the Easter dresses that I wanted so that the girls could coordinate with Blake. I ended up finding some cute matching dresses, with yellow butterflies on them, already in their closets! As you can see Blake was not very happy with the Easter Bunny. I think it's adorable when kids cry in these pictures and Blake's cry face couldn't have been more perfect:) 
Since Easter was on General Conference weekend this year we woke up and went straight for the Easter baskets. 
We waited until "half time" as Ashlyn called it - or in other words - between sessions, to paint our Easter eggs. The kids had a great time mixing colors and making their eggs look beautiful.
Blake even enjoyed coloring the eggs this year. He was so cute when he was coloring with the invisible crayon. He couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.
After the egg coloring Trent and I hid the eggs that the Easter Bunny had filled for us. We usually do this on a separate day, but we didn't go to any Easter egg hunts this year. So, we hid the eggs the best we could in our little backyard and the kids had a blast searching for them.After Conference was over and the day was coming to an end we got out our "special eggs". These are the eggs filled with symbols of Christ and the scriptures that go along with them. Every year we open the eggs and talk about the true meaning of Easter. This year Ashlyn could read the scriptures by herself and she could remember the meaning behind the symbols. Special days like this become better every year as the kids get older and can understand the true meaning and participate more. Easter was truly a wonderful day.




5 comments:
Looks like everyone had a fun time! The pictures of Blake w/ the Easter Bunny is priceless!
That sounds like a perfect day! What a great idea to have "special Easter eggs." I'm going to have to use that idea. I love that cute little crying face in the Easter bunny picture. Adorable.
I miss family on holidays. I'm grateful Tanya is here, but that doesn't make us complete. Thank you for putting an emphasis on the spiritual aspect of Easter.
So cute! Blake looks like a little boy now...he's growing up too fast!
What cute kids you have!!
Post a Comment