Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Finally!

Now that Valentine's Day is over I figured it was time to post some pictures from Christmas:)  Here goes...
Here are the kids on Christmas morning.  We were woken up to Ashlyn screaming with joy "He came, Santa came" as she ran up and down the hall.  It was so great to be able to see their excitement.
 The best part of Christmas is giving.  Ashlyn and Avery thought of what they wanted to give each other all on their own.  I think one of the best parts of their day was seeing how happy the other one was when they opened their gift.
Since the week leading up to Christmas was so crazy we didn't get to make our gingerbread train until Christmas day.  My sister Tanya started the tradition of making a gingerbread house with the nieces and nephews on Christmas Eve.  Well, my kids couldn't go without their gingerbread creation this year.  Here is the final product.
After the presents were opened and the kids had played and played it was time for a nap.  Blake just couldn't let go of one of his favorite presents.  He just loved sleeping with his hammer.
All Ashlyn wanted for Christmas was snow cone syrup.  Here she is eating her snow cone on Christmas morning:)  At least it's somewhat warm in Vegas right?
Avery couldn't wait to get outside to ride her new scooter
Later that night I really wanted to make scones.  Trent doesn't like how it makes the house smell, so here I am, in my pajamas, cooking the scones outside on the patio.  They were delicious, just like Mom's.
Christmas this year was wonderful.  We even had the traditional Norwegian rice pudding the day after Christmas (it's supposed to happen Christmas Eve, but we just didn't have time).  I got the almond so technically I'm supposed to have good luck for a year.  Hopefully that's true.
I'm so thankful that we have these moments to share together as a family.  We're trying to focus our holidays on what we are thankful for and all that we have.  It brings me so much joy to see my children so happy and truly loving the spirit of the holiday.

2 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

Looks like you had a perfect Christmas and knowing your family, you remembered the true reason for Christmas too. Wish we could have celebrated with you.

ETCK said...

You were really dedicated to do the scones outside. It's so cute that they wanted to make a gingerbread house. I'm glad they've had fun making them with me these last couple of years.