Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hiking in Red Rock Canyon

We have lived in Las Vegas for 4 1/2 years now and had never hiked Red Rock Canyon.  I decided that it was time.  I found a trail that is perfect for little kids, called up my friend Sarah, and we took the kids on a hike.  We couldn't start the hike without getting a picture by the trail head.
 About 10 yards down the walkway Blake fell and got a pretty good gash in his knee.  There was lots of screaming and crying until I pulled out the camera to document it.  He immediately said "cheese" and the tears stopped.  Of course I ended up carrying him for a good chunk of the time though.
 Here we all are.  Sarah and her two kids, Ari and Jack and myself with my 3 kids, Blake, Ashlyn, and Avery.
 I had to share the picture of Blake with his walking stick.  You have to look closely or you might not see it:)  He actually used it to walk for a little while.
 Here are the kids exploring the rocks and everything else they could see.
We had so much fun despite a few obstacles along the way.  I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

ETCK said...

Blake's walking stick is priceless!!!

Vic and Jan said...

We can't wait for the kids to guide us on a hike at Red Rock Canyon and we'll remember to bring the bandaids.