This year marked our very 1st year of having Thanksgiving dinner with just our little family. I was sad that we wouldn't have any family to enjoy the holiday with us, but I was excited to cook on my own and have a weekend to relax. Since I don't eat meat and our kids don't eat a lot of turkey, I just bought a little turkey breast that we cooked in the NuWave. I was told it turned out delicious.
Trent and Blake made the most delicious mashed potatoes ever!
We also had stuffing, green bean casserole, pretzel/jello salad, and candied sweet potatoes. It doesn't look like much but we were stuffed!!! Of course we had sparkling cider and lots of pumpkin pie to top off the night.
Since we were without extended family, we actually had a chance to put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
Every year the kids get a new ornament and Trent and I get one as well. This year Trent and I decided that our ornament would be Saasha's collar pendant. It was a really special moment putting it up on the tree as a family.
2 comments:
Okay, that post made me cry. Not the Thanksgiving part, that was great how you made it so special just for your little family, but the Christmas ornament with Saasha's collar.
What a perfect ornament!!!!!
Post a Comment