Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Look Back In Time - August, Ashlyn's 9th B-day

Although we had already given Ashlyn her birthday present, we still hadn't celebrated as a family.  On her actual birthday Ross Lynch, the main actor on the hit Disney show "Austin and Ally" was at our mall signing autographs.  We thought it was a perfect way to celebrate Ashlyn's birthday, so we went.  We stood in line for HOURS!!!  You'd think the Beatles were there by the line and the screams.  I had to leave before the girls saw him so that I could take Blake to another party, but Trent earned the Dad of the Year award and stayed with the girls.  He took pictures of their meeting.
Ross told Ashlyn "Happy Birthday" and asked her how old she was.  She was so giddy.  He gave her a hug and I think she melted a little bit.
 Avery was just as excited but she said that she doesn't think he's as cute as Ashlyn does:)  Of course the line moved so fast the actual hug picture was missed, but here's right after.  She has her "I'm so happy, but too embarrassed to show everyone how happy I am, face".
 Later that day we took Ashlyn and Avery to the store to pick out their birthday bikes from the grandparents.  Yes, Avery got hers 8 months after her birthday:) What can I say, she was right in between sizes in January and in August she was a perfect fit for a bigger bike.
 We had mini cheesecakes for her birthday dessert.
 Since this was an odd numbered birthday she didn't have an actual party.  She just had a glorified playdate with a couple of friends.  Of course they brought presents, so that's all that mattered:)
Ashlyn is growing up so fast.  It seems like yesterday that she was born and then I blinked and somehow we got here, 9 years later.  She is so sweet and loving, yet she rarely likes to show that side.  She loves to be sassy and I hate to say it... a lot mouthy.  Despite the fact that she acts like a 15 year old, I sure do love her and the young lady she is growing up to be.

1 comment:

Vic and Jan said...

I's been so fun watching Ashlyn grow up. Just think, number 10 is just around the corner. Very soon to be a real teenager. How can that be? I hope to soon be able to have some just Grandma and granddaughter time with each girl. (I won't leave Blake out) I miss them.