Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Look Back in Time - November

Warning... this is going to be a long one.

Avery celebrated another successful season of soccer with coach John and coach Troy.
 I was able to go with Avery on her very first field trip.  She was so excited to ride the bus. 
 Riding on the bus with her friends Diva and Taliah.
 The Shark Reef never disappoints.
 We celebrated Thanksgiving with just our little family this year.  As much as I love having extended family around, this year seemed to turn out perfect.  Every member of the family participated in helping with the meal as well as setting the table.
Blake and Avery were very intrigued by what was inside the turkey.  Ashlyn... not so much.





 Avery played with the preschool toys while she waited.
 Ashlyn and I were tired after working so hard.

 The day after Thanksgiving we set up our Christmas decorations.  I love our house at Christmas time.
 We decided that instead of opening their pajamas on Christmas Eve we would open them the night that we set up the tree.  This way the kids can wear their warm jammies longer because the cold nights don't last long here in Vegas.



 Blake was trying to be a robot, but had a little bit of a mishap when trying to get his helmet off.
 I didn't have any pictures of Ashlyn with her new soccer team while they were in their uniforms, but here they are at their end of the year party.  These girls and coaches were so nice and welcoming.  They made Ashlyn feel right at home and she had a great season.  Despite playing 2 age groups up, the team came in first place and undefeated.
 Towards the end of the softball season Ashlyn started pitching.  She had never pitched before, but she did a great job!  We are very proud of her.
 Back in September, Ashlyn started taking piano lessons from a lady in our ward, Sister Jex.  She is quite the natural.  Ashlyn had her first recital in December and was in tears before it started.  But, she came out, played all 3 pieces and was the only one who had all of them memorized.  She did a fantastic job!!!  Here she is with her teacher right before her very first recital.
 Our family after the recital.  We were all so proud of Ashlyn.

1 comment:

Vic and Jan said...

How am I supposed to comment on so many different topics. Loved how you got everyone helping to make the Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure they were proud and especially liked best whatever they helped with. Can't wait to see Ashlyn play softball.