Saturday, December 15, 2007

Plain old family fun

This time of year is busy for everyone, but it seems to be especially busy for us this year. Thankfully we are not unpacking moving boxes like we were this time last year and the year before that. We have been busy decorating our house just in time for a little party I threw here last week. It was a great reason to push Trent into painting our family room. It was pretty scary watching him at times, but 10 hours later and about 100 trips up and down an 18 foot ladder he was done. It looks fantastic! Now we only have the bathrooms and our Master bedroom left to paint. After Trent painted we could finally decorate our tree. It turned out really cute this year. Every year each child picks out an ornament and Trent and I pick one to share. So this year we have 10 ornaments for Trent and I, 5 for Ashlyn and 2 for Avery. Ashlyn and Avery's tend to always be some sort of princess or Barbie ornament, but Trent and I always try to choose one that has something to do with that particular year. This year we chose a cute little wedding day couple with "Trent and Erika 10 year anniversary" inscribed on it. My favorite thing to do when decorating the house for Christmas is to set out my Nativity sets. My mom has given me several beautiful Nativity sets that include a coconut shell Nativity from Hawaii and a beautifully hand painted one from Ukraine. This week Ashlyn finished her swim lessons. She has improved so much. She started out terrified of getting her face wet and now she has a blast. We hope we can get her in the next session so she will be very comfortable in the water by summer time. We also attended my last soccer game of the season. I was so scared to start playing again because I am so out of shape and it has been 12 years since I last played, but it was so much fun. This coming week we have 3 Christmas parties and our 10th anniversary to celebrate and come Friday we will be reunited with my family once again for Christmas. It is such a busy time of year, but so much fun. Take a look at the slide show and enjoy a glimpse into our family.

No comments: