Thursday, April 17, 2008

ALOHA! day 2

On the second day, well, the first full day in Kauai we were lucky enough to go on the Jack Harter helicopter tour of Kauai. It was a 60 minute tour of the entire island. My parents had already been on a helicopter tour of this island, so us kids went on our own. Trent and I were so excited. We had always wondered what it would be like to be on a helicopter. We saw the most amazing sights. We were all told to wear dark shirts so that our clothing didn't reflect off of the glass and cause problems for picture taking, of course we all complied (we didn't want anything to ruin our pictures).
P.S. In a lot of the pictures you might see me wearing a blue and purple bead necklace. Ashlyn made it for me to wear in Hawaii. I would wear it and we would take pictures with Trent's phone and email them to Chari for the kids to see while we were gone.

I was lucky enough to sit right next to the window and I took many, many pictures. We used little microphones to talk to each other. It was really fun.
We flew over so many amazing things. One of which is the Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Pacific)
We flew over the NaPali coast and saw the gorgeous cliffs and beaches. Many movies were filmed on Kauai and we were able to see a lot of the famous sights.
One of the most famous waterfalls that we saw was Manawaiopuna Falls - from Jurassic Park
The helicopter ride was so much fun. I definately suggest it to anyone who is thinking about a helicopter tour. Of course the beautiful island is what made it so amazing.
After the helicopter tour we hit a local hot spot and then a luau. Those pictures will be posted soon.

3 comments:

Tara Joy said...

Those pictures are so amazing they don't even look real!

ETCK said...

I wish we could go back there! I miss it.

Kirstin said...

Hi! Of course you can link us and we'll do the same...one of these days when I catch up with my life and have a spare minute! Your family is beautiful. Congrats on number three!