Yay! My amazing sister Tanya edited all the pictures and sent them to me. So nice, I know. Now I can share our journey to Hawaii with you.
It all started on Wednesday night when Trent and I dropped our girls off at our good friends Shawn and Chari's house. They were amazing enough to agree to watch our kids for 7 nights! I have to say I am forever indebted to them. It was so nice to have people that we trusted 100% do so much for us. Well, Chari did most of it because Shawn was working crazy hours :), so THANK YOU! However, I have to say this was probably the hardest thing I have ever done and I'm sure the hardest thing Chari has done as well. I have never been away from my kids before. I did know that everything would be okay no matter how hard it was.
Next, 5:00 a.m. Thursday we were off to the airport. My mom and dad, sister Tanya and her husband Erik, and Trent and I had a 2 1/2 hour flight to meet my sister Liisa and her husband Eddie and then a 6 1/2 hour flight to Hawaii. It was interesting with morning sickness and all, but we made it without any disaster.
It all started on Wednesday night when Trent and I dropped our girls off at our good friends Shawn and Chari's house. They were amazing enough to agree to watch our kids for 7 nights! I have to say I am forever indebted to them. It was so nice to have people that we trusted 100% do so much for us. Well, Chari did most of it because Shawn was working crazy hours :), so THANK YOU! However, I have to say this was probably the hardest thing I have ever done and I'm sure the hardest thing Chari has done as well. I have never been away from my kids before. I did know that everything would be okay no matter how hard it was.
Next, 5:00 a.m. Thursday we were off to the airport. My mom and dad, sister Tanya and her husband Erik, and Trent and I had a 2 1/2 hour flight to meet my sister Liisa and her husband Eddie and then a 6 1/2 hour flight to Hawaii. It was interesting with morning sickness and all, but we made it without any disaster.
Erika, Liisa & Tanya waiting for our connecting flight

It was a really long flight and almost impossible to sleep, but I tried.
We were very tired and hungry when we arrived (when did they stop feeding you on airplanes?), but it was so refreshing to be surrounded by greenery and water and we were very excited to be away from reality.I have to apologize in advance for all the pictures, but I have about 700 to choose from, so I'll try to keep it under control. Stay in tune for day 2.


3 comments:
You and all your sisters, how fun! I better your parents are so proud of you guys. I love the airplane picture.
I'm excited to read all your blogs about the trip. Mine got pretty boring. Narrowing down the pictures is tough!!!
Erika, it was our pleasure to have your girls stay with us. My girls cannot stop talking about when Ashlyn and Avery were here. There were some hard times, but we loved every minute of having them here! I am glad I was able to help you guys out so you could enjoy the beautiful island of Kauai (you know it's my favorite!) We love you all!
Post a Comment