Day four and five were of course very fun as well. We were able to go to church at the
Hanalai Branch. It was really neat because that week a record was set for the most people in attendance. There were 170 people there and there are about 1/3 or less members in the branch itself. It was a very relaxing day. We had little bits of rain during that day which was very refreshing and relaxing for me.

Trent and Erik were able to golf at the #1 golf course in Hawaii. The
Princeville golf course was amazing. There were holes that overlooked the ocean. They had a great time. It was a very difficult course, but well worth playing.

We also took a half day ATV tour of the area around
Kipu falls. Many movies were filmed on this land. Parts of Jurassic Park, Outbreak and Indiana Jones to name a few. It was so much fun. A little dusty, but very fun. Trent has grown up on 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, so this was
definitely his element.

We stopped at a few waterfalls and rivers. This particular river was in one of the Indiana Jones movies where Harrison Ford went off of a rope swing into the river and also where an airplane took off from the water. We were given the opportunity to jump off the rope swing and go swimming. The guys of course jumped right in. Mom was the only girl brave enough to do it.

After the ATV tour was done we decided to go and see another "real gem" as the tour book calls it.
Kipu falls was a waterfall probably about 40 high. A short walk from the road takes you to the top. There is a huge rope swing hanging from one of the trees. Trent, Erik, and Eddie all went off the swing several times. They were even doing tricks. Eddie was even brave (dumb) enough to climb the tree and jump off of one of the limbs. I was of course nervous the whole time, but they were all safe and had a great time. This picture does not do the swing justice. It is a lot higher in person.

After the tour, as dirty as we were, we decided to go to a Mexican
restaurant on the way home. We sat on the porch that looked out over the ocean. The food was great and we even
had the chance to celebrate an early birthday for Dad. More amazing days. It was nice to relax for a day and then start up again with more great adventures.
6 comments:
Everyday just seems to get better and better. I wish I would have went with you.
I really liked the ATV tour, although I thought we were going to be riding through the mountains. Oh well. It still ended up being really fun! Too bad Liisa didn't get as dirty as she wanted. HA! :)
Are you wearing a BEAVER football shirt? Good for you! That is cool that your mom went on the rope into the water.
Love all the pictures. I love Hawaii! I'm glad you guys had that great trip together, and without your kids. :) We definetly should get together sometime this summer.
Great pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time! I agree with Tara, I wish I could have gone!
If Matt and I ever go to Hawaii... we are going to take you with us! Looks like you guys know all the fun places to visit!
Post a Comment