OK, this is going to be a long one. On day 3 we spent 5 hours on the ocean. We took a 5 hour
catamaran ride up the
NaPali Coast. Trent and I are water people. I don't need to be in the water, but I could spend an entire day staring at the ocean. I guess my dad's sailing stories have inspired me throughout the years because I can't get enough of the ocean. The
NaPali Coast is probably the most beautiful scenery that you could ever see. The cliffs and beaches are spectacular.

We were supposed to stop and snorkel for a while, but the water was very choppy, so they let some more experienced people out for a bit. Trent, Dad, Eddie, and Erik we brave enough to try it. Trent said that it was very
exhausting, but he was able to see some sea turtles right underneath him.

I love dolphins! We saw a ton of "spinner" dolphins. They are smaller than the average dolphin and jump a lot. When they jump they spin in the air. It was amazing to see. I wished the kids were there to see that, but the ride would have been way too rough for them.

We were also lucky enough to see quite a few whales. Of course you can never get a good picture of a whale because they are in and out of the water too fast. One of my favorite parts was watching a mother whale and her baby swimming and playing in the water. It was beautiful.

We had so much fun. On the way back down the coast the water got really choppy. Most of us ended up staying underneath and holding on for dear life. I actually got sick. I was fine for this picture and then within 30 seconds I was in the back throwing up. I think it was partly morning sickness because once I was done I felt fine. I was not allowed to be pregnant on this boat ride, we conveniently left that out, so I just laid low for a while and then ate lunch.

Towards the end of the trip when it was really choppy Trent went up front and held on while the waves crashed over the top of him. Eddie and Erik joined him and they stood up there getting pelted by waves and soaking wet. We had so much fun. Once again an amazing memory to add to the list of great times that we had with the family.

Since the boat trip was all the way on the other side of the island from our hotel we decided to see a very famous waterfall that was on our way back to the hotel. The Wailua Falls were the falls from the movie Fantasy Island. They were beautiful. Liisa and Tanya sat on their husbands shoulders to take pictures at a "better" angle (we must have looked pretty strange to the onlookers). Keep in mind we had just been on a boat for 5 hours when this picture was taken.


4 comments:
Agian great pictures. I can't believe you were so close to dolphins! It is hard to have to leave your kids and I am sure there was so much you wanted to show them but it is so good to share time with just your husband. You need that espically with the baby coming
Wow, I am excited that someone other then family looked at my blog!
I am so happy that I only have a few days left till the baby. I just hope that I can make it! You look like a million bucks pregnant! I wish I did :-(
You guys must have had SO much fun on your trip! Great pictures! See ya Sunday. Heidi
Everyday I read about what we did I think that was my favorite day. I guess they were all my favorite. :) That scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I doubt there is anything more beautiful.
How beautiful all the pictures are! I really want to go to Hawaii sometime and see all these neat things.
Post a Comment