Saturday, April 19, 2008

Half Way There!

20 weeks down, 20 to go! People have been asking me to post some prego pictures, but since I'm not the biggest fan of looking and pictures of myself it has taken me a while to comply. It's amazing how fast I've started to "show". It seems like the second I found out that I was pregnant my stomach turned to mush and began adding to the fat, or the "protective layers". I was poking my belly out in this picture so that you could tell I was pregnant. I seem to get a lot of "Oh, I didn't even notice you were expecting" I take that to mean "I thought you were looking chubby, but I didn't want to ask just in case you were just getting fat".
This pregnancy has gone completely different from the first two. Usually I'm sick the first trimester and then have headaches for a month or so. This time I started off with bad headaches almost every day and then the nausea hit just as I entered my second trimester, conveniently just before we left for Hawaii. That part hasn't been too bad though. Trent has been a great help. He has meetings 2-3 nights a week and on Sundays, so between work, church and picking up my slack he has been worked to the bone. The migraines are gone now and so is the nausea, so hopefully we are on our way to a great 20 weeks. Cross your fingers!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Erika you look great! I'm jealous. Yeah, I hope your done being sick. It makes it hard to do anything when you feel that way!

ETCK said...

I'm so glad you took a picture! You look gorgeous by the way!!!!

Tennille said...

That picture is great....I wish that I would have looked that good.

Goff family said...

You look darling as ever! I am glad you are feeling better.

Tara Joy said...

You are looking great. Aren't husbands the best. I swear things would be just a mess around here without him since the baby has arrived.