Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Kayla and the lizard

My brother-in-law Eddie took his two oldest girls, Lindsay and Kayla, camping this past weekend. When they got home my sister Liisa told me a really cute story that I wanted to share. Kayla is the 5 year old and she loves all kinds of animals, so it was no surprise that she caught a lizard while camping. Here is the story that Liisa emailed me.

"Their drive home was 1 1/2 hrs. I was in the kitchen when they came in. Kayla walked in with her hand on her stomach, said hi, and immediately went to the backyard. I thought it was a little strange so when she hadn't come in after 10 minutes I went out to say hi to her. She was laying on the grass with the lizard. I said, "Wow, did you just catch that?" and she said yes. I told her not to let it go yet because I wanted to take a picture. I went in and asked Eddie for the camera and told him Kayla just caught a lizard. He said, "Again?" and then he figured out what really happened and that she must have brought it home. When we confronted her with the truth she confessed that she brought it from camping. She said she mostly kept it in the cup holder with her hand on top with a hole for it to breathe. We talked about not taking animals far from their homes and I made her let it go. I think it's funny that she even kept Lindsay in the dark."

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is so cute! Madison would have just screamed if she would have even seen a lizard, bug, you name it.

Brooke said...

Erika! You guys are having a little boy! I didn't even know.. I have been out of it for awhile. Congrats! So fun.. yes.. you show me the ropes of having a girl and I'll teach ya about crazy boys!!! Also, those HI pictures are incredible. It made me miss Hawaii so so much. I'm glad you had a blast and were able to reconnect with the hubby!