Friday, May 2, 2008

See you soon "Gamma and Crapah"

My parents came to visit last weekend to help us get our computers ready for lots of instant messaging and web-camming and to say goodbye, or see you soon. We had so much fun. The girls love their "Gamma" and "Crapah" as they call them. We always have so much fun when they are here. Dad spent the majority of his time installing things on our computers, setting up the web cam, increasing the memory and getting it all ready so that we can communicate with them while they are gone Mom played catch, read stories, and played cards with the girls and kept me company. We did take a break to go and see soon dolphins and other animals. It was a great weekend, but as they say, "all good things must come to an end". Monday rolled around way too quickly and it was time to say goodbye for 18 months. I of course was a mess and Avery couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with me. Ashlyn knew what was going on and refused to say goodbye. She thought if she didn't say goodbye then maybe they wouldn't leave. She ended up breaking down into tears as well. It's always hard to say goodbye, but we do know that what they are doing is such a greater call. They are such amazing people and they will truly touch the lives of the people in Bermuda. They are sacrificing so much and we are so blessed that they are willing to do that. Here is a slide show of their stay here with us. My mom has some better pictures that I will try to add later.

We love you Gamma and Crapah! You will be missed and prayed for every day.

5 comments:

ETCK said...

SAD! You almost made me cry!

Goff family said...

Your parents are so amazing! I only hope to be half of the grandparents and parents they are. I too hope to serve several missions with Shawn. That has always been our goal!

Vic and Jan said...

Gamma and Crapah miss you already. We will tell everyone we meet in Bermuda how wonderful you are.

Tara Joy said...

That is exciting and yet so sad. I am sure you are going to need alot of help especailly with the new baby. There is nothing quite like having your mom there with a newborn but I can help you with anything you need (extra meals, taking the girls, carpooling). Let me know

Sara said...

Oh, I'm sad for you! I know it would be hard if my parents were leaving! I'm sure it's hard for them leaving all their children/grandchildren. They are going to be very blessed for everything they do! Yeah, let me know if I can help you in any way with your little ones!