Monday, May 5, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

What was the best thing you cooked last week?
  • I made a Tomato Basil Bisque. It was really good especially with sourdough bread dipped in it.

If time, money and babysitting were not object where would you go and with who?

  • Right now I would get on a plane and go to Bermuda to see my parents. They've only been there for a few hours, but I miss them so much when they are away. I would go with Trent to Portugal and then tour Europe. I would also take a family vacation somewhere really fun like maybe start in Florida and go to Disney World and then take the Disney cruise and then drive up the coast and play at as many beaches as we could. We would end up in New York where I would have a nanny watch the kids while Trent and I hit all the hot spots.

When was the last time you cried?

  • About two minutes ago when I was thinking about flying to Bermuda to see my parents (I know, I need to get a hold of myself, but I'm pregnant).

List 5 things you were doing 10 years ago.

  • I was a newlywed going to school full time to get my Undergrad in Family Studies and Human Development and working to get into the Early Childhood teaching and Masters program.
  • Trent and I were going to a lot of movies. I think we saw every movie that came out that year.
  • I was missing my family and adjusting to living with a man and not having friends over every night.
  • In the summer of 1998 I was turning 21 at a campground in Fish Lake, eating my dutch oven birthday cake.
  • I had quit my job taking care of infants and was hanging out by the pool studying for school.

List 5 things you were doing 5 years ago.

  • I was pregnant with Ashlyn.
  • I was teaching my last year of Kindergarten.
  • Trent and I were getting ready to take a "babymoon" to Las Vegas. We stayed in the penthouse suit at the Mandalay Bay, they upgraded us for free I guess because I was pregnant.
  • We just sold our condo and bought our house that we are now renting out.
  • Watching my sister get married and then I went into labor the next day.

List 5 things you were doing 1 year ago.

  • Getting used to living in a different state away from all family and friends.
  • Finally getting Avery (who was 1) to sleep longer than 30 min. at a time during the night.
  • Trent was called into the Bishopric
  • Watching my sister-in-law get married in Las Vegas.
  • Spending a lot of time getting to know where all the parks and pools are

List 7 of your favorite hobbies.

  • Blogging (blogging helps decrease nausea when your pregnant)
  • Making hair bows for my girls
  • Teaching kids
  • Spending time with family
  • Playing outside with my kids
  • Resting on the couch in front of the TV
  • I have no idea. What ever free time I have I usually try to sleep

List your 5 favorite foods. (right now...)

  • chips and salsa
  • a really good vegetarian burrito
  • any kind of cheesy pasta especially mom's lasagna
  • mom's quiche
  • strawberries

List 5 places you have been.

  • Every state west of Colorado.
  • Vancouver Canada
  • Ensenada, Mexico
  • Mazatlan
  • Cabo San Lucas

List your 5 favorite memories.

  • Going to Las Vegas with friends 11 years ago (including Trent) and realizing that we loved each other and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together (Vegas, who would have thought)
  • Having my girls will always be at the top of my list
  • Eating ice cream cones and walking on the docks with my family when I was a kid.
  • Eating popcorn outside and listening to the rain hit the roof covering the porch when I was young
  • Jenny and I sitting under our willow tree and just knowing how precious it is to have a friend who gets you without having to say a word.

I tag Tara, Tanya and Tennille

6 comments:

ETCK said...

You're a great writer! I loved reading that tag.

Tennille said...

You almost had me in tears reading that....and I'm not even pregnant.

Tara Joy said...

That was so fun! I loved reading it. I promise I will sit down and do it this time.

Heidi said...

It was nice to read your tag! I learned a lot about you I didn't know:-) Thanks for helping out with Activity Days also!

Vic and Jan said...

Erika, we love you so much and have so many fond childhood memories with you and are so proud of the adult you have become.

Wendy said...

Hey! I feel like I know you way better after reading that! Your girls are adorable! Congrats on the upcoming boy! We need to talk about girls hair bows.....techniques, etc. I would love some help! Tell Trent hi!
Wendy