Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
~~Author Unknown.~~
This poem reminded me so much of my dad. For those of you who know him you would know that he is a wonderful man with great strength, wisdom, and faith. I love to hear him speak because people are just drawn to him because of his knowledge and the amazing spirit that surrounds him. I love you dad and I miss you a lot. The people of Bermuda are so lucky to have you in their lives for the next 17 months.
I also wanted to let everyone know how much my amazing husband means to me. He is such a great man. People look up to him and want to know him because he has such a great spirit and presence about him. He works so hard for his family and has so much love for everyone. I couldn't be happier that I chose him, but more importantly that he chose me to be his companion for eternity. He has two little daughters who think the world of him. I love you honey, you are an amazing man and father.

3 comments:

ETCK said...

Trent is an amazing father. It's so wonderful to have him in my life as well. You are very blessed.

Shelley said...

Thanks for the e-card. I'm glad we are keeping in touch as well. Yesterday was a little sad, but mostly happy. When are you due again?

Vic and Jan said...

We are all so blessed with the wonderful men in our family.