Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meeting the Little Guy

I know you've been waiting for more pictures. I've been just a tad busy lately. I can't even believe how may times I have been to the doctor in the past two weeks! Between all of Blake's newborn appointments and Ashlyn needing surgery next week, we have seen more of the doctors than we have each other. Anyway, here is the next installment of pictures for your enjoyment.

Avery drew a picture for Blake and was so excited to show it to him the first time she met him. It was so cute watching her hold it up to him so that he could see it. She was so proud of her work.
We have a tradition in our house that before a baby is born into our family we all go to Build a Bear and make a bear for that baby as a family. Ashlyn's was made by Trent and I, Avery's was made by Trent, myself, and Ashlyn, and all of us went and made a cute little bear for Blake. We use these bears to take pictures of the kids every month for the first year and then every year on their birthday to show how much they have grown. Also, when a new baby is born, that baby brings a gift as well. The new baby gives the older kids an outfit for their bear. Ashlyn was so excited to get her wedding outfit for her bear and Avery got a Little Mermaid outfit for hers. We also make the babies little onsies that have the Taylormade logo on them and that is what they wear in their hospital picture because, after all, they are all "Taylor Made".
As you can imagine, the girls were full of questions. They were obsessed with Blake's umbilical cord. They think it is absolutely disgusting, although they always want to look at it.
We just can't get enough of our little Blake. He is such a good baby. He looks very similar to my family the older he gets. I think right now he is definitely a Johansen baby! As he gets older he is sleeping less, but I can't complain because he is healthy, strong, and absolutely adorable!

4 comments:

ETCK said...

I love looking at those pictures. You have such adorable children. Hopefully it won't be too long until we see you next. They grow so fast.

Sara said...

That is such a cute little tradition to have...what a fun way to see how much they've grown! Whenever we have another one I may have to steal that idea:) I love that picture of Avery showing him the picture she made for him...so cute:)

Tara Joy said...

I love all the family traditions and the picture. My kids were both the same way about the umbilical cord. It is funny that it is so intreging though. I kept telling the kids it was okay and is going to fall off and almost two months later it was still there. Way to make a liar out of me:)

Vic and Jan said...

I love the picture of Blake's face and hand. I'm grateful our family likes to take a lot of pictures. Your teddy bear tradition is a memorable one.