Last night was our ward Trunk-or-Treat. It was a lot of fun getting ready for it. Of course, Trent had to be there early, so I had the pleasure of getting all 3 kids, plus myself, ready (I didn't dress up though). Ashlyn desperately wanted to be a princess this year, but I told her that 2 years in a row were enough and she needed to think of something else. After seeing a picture of her cousin, Kayla, as a black cat, she decided that was what she wanted to be. Avery wanted to be Cinderella which worked out perfectly because that is what Ashlyn was when she was 3. My sister, Liisa, bought Blake the cutest little tiger outfit, so I didn't even have to worry about that one. The kids were so excited to get candy. Ashlyn did remember that grandma and grandpa were with her last year on Halloween and she missed them, so we took some time to look at old pictures from last year before getting ready. Here is a picture of my 3 little trick-or-treaters.

Ashlyn had a blast as a cat. She loved dancing to the music, the cake walk, and of course all the candy.

She was sad that Avery looked so beautiful so I decided to put makeup on her eyes as well as her whiskers. It made me a little bit nervous because I got a glimpse of her as a teenager. (she looked very pretty with eye makeup on)

Avery was very good. She just followed me around and didn't ask for a thing. She had no fits and didn't even finish eating her cupcake from the cake walk. She did devour her hot dog though.

She also looked very pretty with her blush and lip gloss on. And her hair turned out fantastic. I think I used up half the bottle of hairspray on it.

I loved how her hair turned out. I did it similar to how I did Ashlyn's at her 4th birthday party, but Avery's hair is shorter and very fine so I had to use some tricks to get it all in the right place. Doesn't it look great?!

Blake was amazing. I was worried this year having 3 kids and only 2 hands. Trent got the kids food and took them around to the cars, but he was also helping make sure everything went smoothly, so I had all 3 for a good part of the night. Blake slept for most of it and woke up to have his picture taken every once in a while.
He never rubbed the makeup off of his face and he didn't even fuss about having the hood on his head. I couldn't have asked for a better night. Doesn't he look adorable? Thanks again Lopez family for the cute outfit. We had several people who we didn't even know stop to look and tell me how cute he was.

All in all we had a wonderful night. We can't wait until Thursday when we can do it all over again at Ashlyn's school!
11 comments:
They all look so great! Ashlyn is a darling cat, Avery looks so grownup and Blake makes a very cute tiger. Too bad we'll miss next Halloween too. We're so greatful for pictures!!
They all look so cute....the girls look so grown up and pretty. When Noah was a baby he was a little tiger too and Blake reminded me of him.
How adorable! I'm glad you were able to convince Ashlyn not to be a princess again. Tell her she was a perfect cat. You did a great job with all of the makeup. Avery looked so much older! Her eyes were gorgeous (so were Ashlyn's). Scary to think that they are going to be teenagers. I loved going trick-or-treating with them a couple of years ago. I wish you guys lived here. Then they could take Khloe around on her leash in her little bumble bee costume. How cute would that be!!!
Will you tell Chari that I would love to take pictures for them soon. For free of course. I need to build up a portfolio. I tried to go to her blog but it's blocked. Let me know what she says.
You had your hands full and Natali just kept wanting to hang out with Ashlyn and you. I am glad I insisted on Natali staying with us while she ate, she wanted to come eat with Ashlyn at your table. That would have just been one extra child you would have had to worry about. But they did have a blast though!
Your kids looked so cute. I loved Avery's hairdo...very Cinderella! I don't think I even recognized Ashlyn at the Trunk-or-Treat...she looked so grown up. I know it's hard doing things mostly by yourself. Sit by us at church and we'll help you. :)
Your kids looked so cute! Avery's hair turned out so good! I wish I could get Arielle's hair to do that! I had to get all 3 of my kids ready to go also. I am surprised that we even made it there!
We need to get our girls together for a play day during the LONG track break.
Your kids look so cute in their costumes. Ashlyn really looked pretty, and she was a great cat! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I was going to call you tonight, and now its really late. My computer is going out, and that is why I haven't been blogging lately. Let's talk tomorrow. We definetly need to catch up.
Oh so cute! I love the girls, they both look so beautiful. I love Avery's hair, I want mine to do that. I got Blake's birth announcement, he is so cute! I miss you guys, if we're ever in Vegas, I'm looking you up for sure. Happy Halloween.
Your kids looked so adorable! Avery's hair is so cute! I know what you mean about getting all the kids ready by yourself...but you have it harder than me! You did a great job getting them all ready...they looked very cute:)
I am so glad you had a great time. Your kids are adorable. Next time I will make it so Trent can be at home to help you get everyone ready.
Post a Comment