Another big step for Avery was that she started primary. For those of you who did the math and realized that she turned 3 in January, you might know that she is not technically supposed to be in primary until next year. We decided to put her in sunbeams twice because I didn't want her in nursery for an entire year and because most of the kids in nursery are quite a bit younger than she is. She has been in there since she was 13 months old, when I was the leader. She was definitely ready for the change. She was so happy when she got home. She had stickers on her forehead and she would not let go of the candy bar she got for her birthday. Here is Avery's 3 year old bear picture that was taken after church.
As grown up as she seems I'm glad to know that she is still a little girl who puts her shoes on the wrong feet, and walks around with her backpack on her back and a helmet on her head. (She did not want me to take her picture. I guess she knew it might come back to haunt her:)
To those that know Avery, you know that she is the sweetest, most well behaved little girl. To family that really knows her you know that she is the sweetest girl who can throw one heck of a fit:) Avery you are so special to us. We are so grateful to have you in our family. We love you boogie.
8 comments:
Avery has always seemed grown-up to me and I'm glad she had a great birthday. I hope she won't be shy when we return. I want to just pick up where we left off with our special relationship.
Happy birthday, Avery! We love Chuck E. Cheese, too. Savanna got the same cash register for Christmas!! Awesome! You are all so cute.
Can't believe it! I remember when she was born, and not that long ago. So I can't believe you went to high school with the Bachelor! Did you know him? Small world, very small.
BTW-I met your new renters, they seem nice.
Happy Birthday Avery! We can't believe you are already three and so grown up. We wish you still lived close, but are glad we got to see you before Christmas. We hope to get to see you again in March!?!
It is so funny that she walks around with her backpack and helmet. She's growing up so fast. BTW - I have not forgotten to mail her birthday card. It'll be there soon, I promise. Avery is such a cute little girl. Erik thought the picture I took over Christmas where she did her funny face for me was hilarious! We love her so much.
Avery is so cute! Happy Birthday! Arielle likes all the pictures of her at Chuck E. Cheese! She was so cute today with Chloe during preschool:-) We are glad that she is in Primary!!
Happy Birthday Avery! She is such a little cutie pie! I'm glad she had a fun at Chuck E. Cheese:)
We sure are going to miss her in Nursery!! Happy late Birthday Avery :o)
Post a Comment