Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yahoo! The Lopezes Are Here!

We always get really excited when the Lopez family (my older sister, her husband and 4 kids)comes to visit. Generally in the summer time they come to see us and then we all go up to visit our parents at the same time. This summer we are not taking our usual summer trip because we took it in March. So, we were thrilled that my sister's family could come and we could have a little vacation with them. It started out on Wednesday when all the kids just played at the house all day long. Then that night we took a trip to the Las Vegas strip.
We have been to the Las Vegas strip many times, in fact Trent and I realized that we were in love when we were on spring break in Las Vegas, but we have never had our picture taken in front of 'the sign'. This is our family 12 years after Trent and I fell in love.
We wanted to go and see the lions at MGM, but they were closed, so we walked to the M&M store to see the 3D movie there. It happened that the last movie was an hour before we arrived. So we walked around all 4 floors of the store and Uncle Eddie bought all of us a little treat. Here are all of the cousins minus Avery and Blake. (Lindsay, Ashlyn, Haylee, Kayla, and Connor).
Even though it was late at night we felt the night was still young, so we walked back to the car and drove to the Bellagio to see the 'Dancing Fountains'. This picture is of Trent carrying Ashlyn on his shoulders as we walked to our car.
Blake had never seen the fountains before and I'm not quite sure Avery can remember when she saw them last since it has been so long. It was amazing. I could watch them for hours.
Blake was mesmerized by the fountains. It was so cute to see his little face light up.
Haylee wasn't as fond of the fountains though. In fact, she was terrified.
We all had a fantastic night. That was just day one in Las Vegas. Stay tuned for days 2 and 3.

2 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

I don't remember how many times I told you and Liisa when you were young to be nice to each other, because some day you'll want each other to be your best friend. I'm glad you obeyed me. It makes me very happy to see how much fun you have together.

Cari Payne said...

Your family is so Adorable! Vegas looked like such a blast! Have a Wonderful Summer Babe! Luvs