Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Our daddy is the best daddy ever. He is the light of our lives. From the second he walks in the door until the second he leaves again it is all about spending time with daddy. Trent is very helpful with the kids. On the nights that he doesn't have meetings he always puts the girls to bed. He will carry them upstairs in some strange way, read to them, or tell them a bedtime story. They really look forward to this time. In fact it is quite boring when it is my turn to put them to bed.
He understands my needs as well. There have been more nights than I'd like to admit when I get carried away finishing a project and the kids are hungry. He doesn't hesitate to fix them some food and clean up as well. The other day I was on the computer with my mom and when I realized it was dinner time I came downstairs and this is what I saw...
a picnic
Trent works so hard for our family. He spends a lot of time serving in our church as well. It isn't just our little family who looks up to him. There are a whole lot of young men and women as well as adults who think he is just the coolest guy ever. We are the luckiest of all because he is "our daddy".
Here are some of our favorite things about Trent...
Ashlyn- My favorite thing about daddy is that he lets me put lip gloss on him.
Avery- My favorite thing about daddy is that he reads me bedtime stories.
Blake- My daddy can make me laugh harder than anyone else.
Erika- Trent is such a great father as well as husband. He loves his kids and myself more than anything in the whole world. He takes care of all of us. Most importantly he is very unselfish. He will put the needs of his family well above the needs of himself.
We love you so much.

2 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

I'm so glad we had the opportunity to live so close so we could get to know Trent better. He is a great dad!! You and the kids are blessed to have him a part of your life.

Trista said...

Well, I don't want to take all the credit, but I'd have to say that I contributed greatly to Trent's sensitivity by making him dress up in baby clothes or dresses and makeup until he was about, oh, I'd say 8 or so. You're welcome and Happy Father's Day! Hee Hee. Love you all.