Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad, My Hero

My dad is my hero. This picture is of him summitting Mt. Rainer in 1977, the year I was born. My dad has always been adventurous. He has climbed more mountains that I can count, ran in marathons, and even sailed to Hawaii. I have always looked up to my dad. Not only is he brilliant and conquers everything that he sets his mind to, he is humble and kind. He is a great dad and an amazing example. My dad has a light that has shined on many people throughout his life. Those of you who know my dad might think of him when you... listen to an amazing speaker, hear a story about a dog (especially if it's name is Baylee or Korky), see an eagle, see a sailboat, listen to a rainstorm, eat popcorn, walk on the waterfront, go kayaking, climb a mountain, build an igloo, look in the mirror an see your beautiful straight teeth, or read your Patriarchal Blessing. There are many people who have been inspired in one way or another and it's because of YOU DAD. I love you so much. You are an amazing dad, father-in-law, and grandpa (crapa). We love you and we can't wait to see you. Only 4 1/2 months to go!

1 comment:

Vic and Jan said...

I totally agree with absolutely everything you said!!