"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Ashlyn's Dance Recital
Today was Ashlyn's very first dance recital. She was so excited. She has been taking a combination dance/tap/gymnastics class since August. The recital had 54 different acts. Luckily Ashlyn was number 5. It was quite a big production. It took place at the big auditorium at the University here. It was such a great experience. Ashlyn said that she wasn't even nervous even though there were so many people there. When she first came out onto the stage I lost it and began to cry. She looked so beautiful and confident. Trent and I were both so proud.
After Ashlyn's performance I picked her up from the green room and we went back to the theater to watch some more. I was in awe of how many people were there so I had to take a picture from the top. I would have absolutely died if someone asked me to stand up in front of all of those people and dance.
Ashlyn looked so beautiful. We gave her some roses after the show. She was so excited because she has always wanted her very own roses.
I took a video of the dress rehearsal because I didn't know how close I was going to be at the final performance. The final performance was a lot better. Ashlyn did a really good job both times, but I am a little bit sad that I don't have her real performance because she did an amazing job today. I love how she is always standing in her proper ballerina position with her toes pointed out and heels together. She is also so graceful with her arms. Here is the video of the rehearsal. Ashlyn is in the middle and to the right of the girl in the white tights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ashlyn, that was absolutely beautiful! You knew all the steps in the dance and make a very lovely ballerina.
She looked so cute! And she did really good too!
Ashlyn looks SO grown up in that picture of her holding the flowers!! She did such a good job! Cadence & Arielle loved the video!
I had to laugh at the end when Ashlyn "scooted" the other girl off the stage. Soooooo cute! Kennedi & McKinley's dance performance is this Thursday - I can't wait!
LOVED IT!!! Good job Ashlyn you looked beautiful!
Madi loved doing dance with Ashlyn:) You were smart doing the video at the rehearsal...my video of the actual recital wasn't nearly as clear:) They did so good!
Post a Comment