"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Say Goodbye to the Quarter in Ashlyn's Stomach
Last Thursday we went to the specialist to see what we needed to do about the quarter in Ashlyn's stomach. He scheduled a time on Monday to remove it at the hospital. He said that they would put her under general anesthesia, stick a scope down her throat into her stomach and pull out the quarter. She was to go to the hospital without any food or drink in her stomach. On Sunday Ashlyn was saying that she did not want a blessing. We asked her primary teacher that day to talk a little bit about blessings and what they are for. She did a great job and Ashlyn decided that she would have a blessing after church. (Thanks Cari). On Monday Marie came over to watch Blake and Avery, thanks again Marie, and we left for the hospital at 9:00 a.m. Trent met us there shortly after. We sat in the adult waiting room until NOON! As you can see we were very bored.
At noon they finally called us back and put the bracelet on Ashlyn's wrist.
Then they took the final x-ray of her stomach before the procedure.
After the x-ray the nurse told us to go and wait for the results. She showed us right across the hall to the CHILDREN'S waiting room, why they didn't let us go in there earlier I don't know. It was great it had all kinds of toys, trikes, and even a Wii.
At around 1:00 p.m. (4 hours later) they came in and told us that the x-ray was CLEAR! The quarter had passed on it's own. We were so thrilled. I'm pretty sure that it passed the night before. I thought I had heard it while I was checking her stools (too much information, I know), but I never found it. Ashlyn was so happy. She immediately wanted to eat and get a big drink.
On the drive home she said to me, "Mommy, I'm so glad Daddy gave me a blessing." We are glad too. She has now developed her own testimony of priesthood blessings. I heard her telling her friend Natali what had happened. She said, "I went to get the quarter out, but it was already out because my daddy gave me a blessing. I think it popped out while he blessed me." So cute. After the long day she was still able to get her present for being so brave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad she didnt have to have the surgery as well. How cute is she telling her friend about it:)
What fun pictures documenting the hospital experience. (Especially the funny faces) An event to always remember. Hope she will write it in her journal.
Great Pictures. You look like you guys could have fun anywhere! I love that Ashlyn has faith in blessings.
I'm just really happy that you don't have to look for the quarter anymore!!! I bet Ashlyn will remember how she learned about blessings for a long time. What an awesome experience.
I'm glad it finally made its escape so poor Ashlyn didn't have to have surgery:) At least she had a good time while waiting! I love that picture of you two...how fun:)
Post a Comment