Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Last Day With The Lopez Family

On our last full day with the Lopez family we decided to go swimming. We went to a near by neighborhood pool. We had such a great time. The kids swam and swam. Here is a picture of all of the cousins together.

Kayla, Ashlyn, Connor, Haylee, Avery
Lindsay, Blake
Avery, just chillin'
Ashlyn loved Kayla's goggles. She wore them all day.
Blake loves the water. He always tries to drink it though.
Haylee is a little dare devil. She loved to jump in the water.
Later that night we had a BBQ and the kids put on puppet shows for us. We got all the kids ready for bed, put the little ones down, and called a babysitter. One of my young women came over and watched movies with the kids while the adults went to see Transformers. I wish I had a picture of the four of us at the movie. It was so nice to hang out with my sister and her husband with no kids running around. I don't remember the last time we have done that.
The next morning it was time for the Lopezes to pack up and leave. We were all very sad to see them go.
Liisa looked at Blake and he started to cry, so she picked him up and whispered in his ear. She has the knack because he immediately stopped crying and listened intently to what she was saying.
Ashlyn and Kayla had to work on their song one last time before they left.
We had such a good time with Liisa's family this summer. It was great because we went on a mini vacation at the same time. Ashlyn and Avery love their cousins so much. They look up to Lindsay and think they are so cool because Lindsay likes to play with them. Kayla and Ashlyn are in the same grade, so they have a lot in common. Connor is so loving with Blake. I can't wait until Blake is old enough to play with him. And Haylee is just so darn cute. I love having my family around. I feel so comfortable with them. I wish Tanya, Erik, Mom and Dad could have been with us. My mom used to always tell us "be nice to your sisters because you will want them to be your best friends someday". I don't know how nice I was, but I am lucky that my family members are my best friends. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

Your last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. I hope I'm included in your 'best friends' group.

Taylor family said...

Of course you are included mom. That is why I phrased it that way.

ETCK said...

I wish we could have all been together. Watching the kids play with each other is so cute. I bet you had fun! Hopefully we'll see you soon.