Monday, July 27, 2009

Our 'Little Moments'

Life has been very busy lately, but we always have room for fun here at our house. I've developed the motto "It's the little things that make the memories". Most of my favorite memories that I have of my childhood are just the little things we did. Listening to rain, eating popcorn, playing with friends, school, church, playing with my sisters, etc.. Don't get me wrong, I loved my family vacations and I have amazing memories from them, but the day to day things are what I remember most often. So, here are some of our "little moments".

Trent and I have totally different sleeping styles. I have a bit of insomnia, while Trent can fall asleep anywhere and in any position. In this picture he is in our family room, almost on the tile, with his hand straight up in the air. I can't help but laugh every time I see this picture.
Avery loves to pull Blake's shirt up and over his head. He doesn't seem to mind He crawled around for a good 20 minutes like this before I fixed it. Avery was having a rough day, so I made her take a nap. This was how I found her. (She was fully clothed when I put her to sleep).I have pictures of all of my kids wearing goggles or glasses at this age. It's just so funny to me.
Ashlyn loves to comfort Blake. She's a good little momma.
Blake loves to walk with his walker. He is so fast. It's so cute to watch him because he looks so funny, like a little Frankenstein, but he has the biggest smile on his face.
We've lived in our house for 2 1/2 years and we still hadn't unpacked all of the boxes in the garage. Of course they are boxes that belong in the garage, but nevertheless it was time to unpack. It was about 105 degrees that day, but it didn't even phase Avery. She spent half her time in the box and the other half running around the garage.

Don't forget to take the time to cherish the "little moments". They are memories that will last a lifetime.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That picture of Trent sleeping on the floor is hilarious! Your kids are all so cute in those pictures... Blake is a cutie w/ the goggles on!

Vic and Jan said...

It's great that you are taking pictures of those 'little moments'. They will be cherished for many years. (Digital photography is the best - inexpensive and easily stored on disks. I would have taken a lot more pictures of you growing up of those 'little moments' if I had digital photography.)

Crystal Escobar said...

These pictures are halarious!!! I loved them :) What fun memories you're making.

Pam said...

Thanks for that great reminder! That is truly where the joy in life is found. I'm going to start paying closer attention.Thanks!

ETCK said...

This post is hilarious! The new picture of Blake on your sidebar is cute. Does he have dimples now? He is so adorable...like a big teddy bear!