Friday, July 24, 2009

Girls Camp Fun

About 2 months ago I was released from the Primary Presidency and called to be an advisor for the Mia Maid group teaching the girls in my ward ages 14 and 15. I was very excited to get to know the girls in my ward. Everyone in the Young Women presidency was new as well. We were all called right before Girls Camp, so we were busy right from the start. I wasn't able to got to camp because I was still nursing my baby, but I had a lot of fun helping from beginning to end. The pictures below are of our tent raising activity where the young women learned how to put up the tents and we made sure they all worked properly. With Trent in the bishopric we both have meetings on Wednesday nights. So, we get to take the whole family with us to the weekly activities. It does end up being a lot of fun though.

Blake tried so hard to help, but I guess he just isn't strong enough yet.
The girls had a great time playing in the tents with our YW president's daughter.
While everyone was at girls camp I was able to serve in another way. I had the opportunity to watch my friends 3 kids for 2 days while she went to girls camp. We had so much fun. The kids played and played. We swam, made brownies, played dress-up, and played some more.
Here are Natali and Ashlyn pretending to be rock stars.
What a fun week it was. I was able to go to the post camp fireside this past Sunday as well. It brought back so many wonderful memories. I have incredible memories of my girls camp experiences. The biffy-man, being afraid of the man in the dark, sliding in the mud, swimming in the river, funny skits and songs, playing on the rope swing, the zipline, feeling like a part of the coolest ward ever (K1 ROCKS!), the amazing testimony meetings and so much more. One of the best things about camp was that my mom was always there. She was a stake leader for many, many years. So, for all those girls who were home sick and missed their moms, I will be right along with you next year. Next year when I go to camp it will be my FIRST time at girls camp without MY mom.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I will be joining you at girls camp next year.... I will look after you:-) I think that we need to have cabins next year though...lol!

Cute pictures of the kids!!

Vic and Jan said...

Darling pose of Ashlyn. Did she do that herself? I want to go to camp with you next year!