"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Monday, September 14, 2009
Go Ladybugs, Go!
Ashlyn's first game of the fall season was on Saturday. It was bright and early in the morning. Ashlyn woke up really early because she was so excited to get out on the field. They played a really good team. Ashlyn's team only has 3 players that have ever played before. And, 2 of those 3 are playing in a league higher than their age (Ashlyn is one of them). So, the Ladybugs aren't as experienced as the other teams in the league. It was a great game to watch. Even though they got "killed". Ashlyn played so well. She hustled, dribbled around a few girls, and even did some pretty cool tricks. No goals were scored for our team, but I couldn't have been more proud of how she played. She even had a really big "Erika fall" during the 1st half. An "Erika fall" is when you fall so hard that every part of your body smacks the ground and it looks really cool:) I'm so proud of Ashlyn. She plays as hard as she possibly can. She really has a talent for the sport and I hope that she can continue to grow and develop this talent. I also hope she loves soccer for a long time because I sure love watching her.
Here she is doing the kick off. She does a little fancy move down by the goal before she gets tripped by another girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Go Ashlyn! You did great! You'll do so much better when the kids get good enough to not all bunch up. It's extrememly difficult to do much of anything with the ball when all eight players are on top of each other. Until then, just have fun!
That is so funny! The video made me totally crack up. They're so cute!
It is so fun to watch little kids play sports. Braden is about to start soccer too. Good luck Ashlyn it looks like she is already a star.
Sorry the last post was me Marci
I'm so glad Madi and Ashlyn are on the same team again! Even though they kicked our butts...LOL. Ashlyn did great, even after her "Erika fall!" LOL.
Post a Comment