Thursday, September 17, 2009

Avery's 1st Day of Preschool (and mine too)

Last Friday was Avery's first day of preschool. And mine too, since I'm her teacher. She now goes to school 3 days a week, for 2 1/2 hours each day. She was so excited. We've been getting ready for this since March, so she has a had a lot of time to think about it. The morning of the first day we took her picture in front of the tree just like Ashlyn does. She was so excited to wear the backpack that Ashlyn had in preschool too.
Then I had Ashlyn take a picture of the two of us since it was my first day too. I was very excited as well. It has felt great getting back into what I was good at and what I loved before I had kids.
Avery wanted to take a picture in front of our calendar. I made this bulletin board so that I could remove it when school was over and not have preschool take over our home. So, after school is over I simply carry it out to the garage until the next preschool day. It works fantastic.
We have had so much fun in preschool together. Blake has been the best baby every. He is so curious as to what everyone is doing that he doesn't really make a sound. He sits and listens to the story, or dances to the songs we are singing. Halfway through the day I take him upstairs and put him to bed and he doesn't make a peep.
On the first day, Avery wanted to put her shoes on and enter through the garage like the other kids do. (I have it all set up cute where they walk in with carpet, hooks for their backpacks and a really cute bulletin board.)
So, I gave her hugs and kisses just like I do for Ashlyn every morning. A little while after school had started Avery raised her hand and said "Miss Erika...". It was so cute. She knows that during that time I am her teacher and not her mom. She is a great student. She tries very hard to make everything perfect. I'm glad that she has done okay so far because she is actually in a pre-K class even though she has another year before Kindergarten. I'm so proud of my Avery bug. She's such a big girl! I have to say that I am so glad that I made the decision to teach this year. I know it's only been a week, but I have had so much fun. I had to really talk Trent into letting me do this because he was not so sure about the whole idea, but he has been so supportive and he can tell that this has made me really happy.

9 comments:

Cari Payne said...

Such Cuteness! Thats awesome that you are doing a preschool! I bet you would be a darling teacher! Take care of yourself and dont be a stranger! You kids are Adorable! :-)

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

Wow I am impressed! I can't imagine doing all of that on top of just trying to be a mom! Sounds like fun though!

Anonymous said...

How cute are you! Too bad you are so far away cause i would put yazzi in your class for sure!

ashtrost said...

That is a great idea about the bulletin board, I'll have to tell my friend about that. How many kids are you teaching?

Heidi said...

Tell Trent Thanks for letting you do preschool! Arielle just LOVES having you as a teacher! You have such wonderful ideas, and you are so creative! I know Blake is a good baby, but if you ever need me to take him during school time just let me know!

Vic and Jan said...

Avery's first day of pre-school picture is so cute and I really like the one with the two of you together. Avery's expression is priceless. I know you are a great teacher and I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom. I've seen you in action as a Kindergarten teacher. Hope it continues to be fun for all of you.

Sara said...

Awww...it looks like so much fun! I'm sure all of the kids love you already! Your bulletin board looks awesome:)

Melinda said...

Were you able to buy those Alphafriends or did you have them from when you taught? That's a great idea. I've been missing teaching too, so preschool is the answer? Love it!!!!

Taylor family said...

Melinda, I bought the songs, but copied the pictures off the internet. I accidentally bought the PreK songs though. I didn't know that they were different, so I am learning all new words.