Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Little Scaredy-Cats

I found it very funny this past week as I thought back over the years and remembered the hilarious things that my kids were scared of.
When Ashlyn was 9 months old we had this cute little Easter decoration. Every time we would walk past it she would start screaming. It wasn't just your regular scream. She was absolutely terrified of the cute little bunnies.
When Avery was 10 months old she was completely terrified of my mom wearing clown hair. My mom would take it off and she would be fine, but the second she put it on Avery would go completely nuts.
I found out a few days ago what it is that Blake is terrified of. We always knew he has been scared of dogs. Usually it's only when they sniff his face, but certain dogs that are really hyper (our neighbors dog), or if the dog howls really loud (my parents dog) he freaks out. If they aren't bothering him her really likes them. When I was at Sams Club I walked past a lady who was giving free samples. Blake started screaming and trying to get out of the cart. He kept putting his head down on the cart and then he would turn around and start to scream again. I finally realized that he is terrified of people who are wearing hair nets.
When I went up to the front to buy a soda the lady helping us was wearing a hair net and of course Blake started to freak out. The lady was trying to talk to him and make cute faces. I finally said to her, "I'm so sorry, it's nothing personal, but apparently my son is terrified of hair nets". She felt so bad that she gave us a free churro.
I just can't get over how funny it is to think of the strange things my kids are afraid of. My cute little scaredy-cats:) Even as I type this I am laughing hysterically.

3 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

I'm glad that so far they have all outgrown the things they have been scared of. I'm sure Ashlyn isn't scared of the bunnies and next time you visit, we'll test Avery with the clown hair and teach Blake that our dog is very nice. I bet this Halloween Blake will be scared of a lot more than hair nets.

Heidi said...

Hair nets? That is so funny! What a strange thing to be afraid of;-)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny and cute! kids are so silly the things they get scared over!