On Tuesday of last week Ashlyn came home from school and said, "Mommy, on Thursday I get to eat lunch with the Principal. She's going to buy me McDonalds". I was very curious as to why Ashlyn thought she was eating with the principal. I looked in her backpack and there wasn't a note, so I just decided that she understood wrong. On Wednesday she told me that I didn't need to pack her a lunch the next day because she was eating lunch with the principal. So we talked about why she thought she was eating with the principal. She said that her name was called over the intercom and her teacher told her that she was the first person from her class to be able to do that. She became very nervous and said that the principal didn't know her name and she wasn't sure where to go. So, Thursday morning she went off to school. I was a little bit nervous for her. I was afraid that she wouldn't know what to do and she would start to cry. When she came home she was all smiles. She had a toy from McDonalds, a pin, and a ton of gift certificates. It was then that I realized that she was chosen to be the "Student of the Week". We were so proud of her. She said that her teacher told the students that in order to be chosen you have to be responsible, nice, kind, and have good behavior. What a great girl we have. She is so well behaved at school. She always tries her best and she loves to learn. We're so proud of you. Keep up the good work. She also got her picture taken with the principal, so when I get a copy of that I will post it too. For now, here is a picture of her with her loot.
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Student Of The Week
Warning: If you don't want to hear me brag, stop reading now:)
On Tuesday of last week Ashlyn came home from school and said, "Mommy, on Thursday I get to eat lunch with the Principal. She's going to buy me McDonalds". I was very curious as to why Ashlyn thought she was eating with the principal. I looked in her backpack and there wasn't a note, so I just decided that she understood wrong. On Wednesday she told me that I didn't need to pack her a lunch the next day because she was eating lunch with the principal. So we talked about why she thought she was eating with the principal. She said that her name was called over the intercom and her teacher told her that she was the first person from her class to be able to do that. She became very nervous and said that the principal didn't know her name and she wasn't sure where to go. So, Thursday morning she went off to school. I was a little bit nervous for her. I was afraid that she wouldn't know what to do and she would start to cry. When she came home she was all smiles. She had a toy from McDonalds, a pin, and a ton of gift certificates. It was then that I realized that she was chosen to be the "Student of the Week". We were so proud of her. She said that her teacher told the students that in order to be chosen you have to be responsible, nice, kind, and have good behavior. What a great girl we have. She is so well behaved at school. She always tries her best and she loves to learn. We're so proud of you. Keep up the good work. She also got her picture taken with the principal, so when I get a copy of that I will post it too. For now, here is a picture of her with her loot.
On Tuesday of last week Ashlyn came home from school and said, "Mommy, on Thursday I get to eat lunch with the Principal. She's going to buy me McDonalds". I was very curious as to why Ashlyn thought she was eating with the principal. I looked in her backpack and there wasn't a note, so I just decided that she understood wrong. On Wednesday she told me that I didn't need to pack her a lunch the next day because she was eating lunch with the principal. So we talked about why she thought she was eating with the principal. She said that her name was called over the intercom and her teacher told her that she was the first person from her class to be able to do that. She became very nervous and said that the principal didn't know her name and she wasn't sure where to go. So, Thursday morning she went off to school. I was a little bit nervous for her. I was afraid that she wouldn't know what to do and she would start to cry. When she came home she was all smiles. She had a toy from McDonalds, a pin, and a ton of gift certificates. It was then that I realized that she was chosen to be the "Student of the Week". We were so proud of her. She said that her teacher told the students that in order to be chosen you have to be responsible, nice, kind, and have good behavior. What a great girl we have. She is so well behaved at school. She always tries her best and she loves to learn. We're so proud of you. Keep up the good work. She also got her picture taken with the principal, so when I get a copy of that I will post it too. For now, here is a picture of her with her loot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow that is so cool! GO ASHLYN! What an accomplishment! Congratulations on being the first Student of the Week in your class!!!
Way to go, Ashlyn! We are very proud of you too. I hope I get a chance to visit your school when we come to visit in November.
Awesome! It's great that they make it so exciting to eat with the principal. I would have been terrified to do that when I was younger.
Just wanted to leave a comment and say what a cute blog! Congrats on having such wonderful and respectful kiddies! Ashlyn, you rock! I can see how Avery has taken after her big sisters great qualities!
Post a Comment