Where does the time go? Today is Blake's FIRST birthday! It's still hard for me to believe that we have a little boy in our family, but at the same time I can't imagine life without him. I couldn't have asked for a better little guy. He is always smiling. Everywhere I go people stop to tell me how cute my baby is. At church the Young Men in our ward fight over who gets to hold him. He is the sweetest little thing too. After Trent's grandpa passed away, I was holding Blake and I started to cry. Blake looked up at me and then he put his head on my shoulder as if he was giving me luvs. Blake keeps us on our toes. He can make it up our large flight of stairs in a matter of seconds. He has learned how to put things near the couch so he can step on them and climb up onto the back of the couch. Once he's up there, he stands up tall and proud and bangs as hard as he can on the windows, turning around every now and then to laugh and make sure we are watching. Blake will always start to sing when he hears music, especially if it's "I Am A Child Of God", that's his favorite song. He gets into every cupboard that he can. His favorite toys are Q-tips (as you all saw in the last post), the fly swatter, Tupperware (every child's favorite), and of course paper from the printer. No matter where I put the paper, he will find it and he will pull it down and wave it around in the air as if he is celebrating his accomplishment. We all love our Blakers so much. He's our little buddy. As tough as it can be at times to have three kids, I thank my Heavenly Father every day that he sent Blake to our family.
Here are some "bear pictures" to show how much Blake has grown over the past year.
Blake, 1 day old. In the hospital wearing his Taylormade shirt:)
Blake, 1 month old. Still a scrawny little thing.
Blake, 3 months old. Can you believe how much he grew between 1 month and 3 months old?
Blake, 6 months old. He is always so happy, especially when he sees the camera. It's as if he were born to have his picture taken.
Blake, 9 months old. Now that he's crawling he sure thinned out a lot, but he still has some of his chubby little rolls. Doesn't he look like such a big boy?
Blake, 1 year old. I can't believe he is 1. He loves to walk with his walker, or holding on to our fingers. He hasn't mastered doing it on his own yet, but that time will come and I can definitely wait.

Blake, we love you so much. You are the best gift that our family has ever received. Your sisters adore you, sometimes a little too much because they never want to let you go. Mommy and Daddy love you more than you will ever realize. As you continue to grow up never forget who you are. You are the boy who loves to rough-house, but always has a smile on his face and a luv ready to share with someone who needs it. We love you Dubby. Happy 1st Birthday!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Blake! I can't believe it's already been a year! He is such a cute boy!
I just want to give him a GREAT BIG HUG!!!! Why do we always have to be on missions when our grandsons are born?
He is so freakin' cute! I can't get enough of him. I just want to sqeeze him!!!
I didn't know I was signed in under Erik. I made the last comment. :) - Tanya
Wow, one that's great. Time has gone by fast, yes?
Somehow my blog is messed up so
anyways...now I'm http://nickemp.blogspot.com
nicolekemp.com is no more.
Congrats! He is seriously so cute! A very hansome fella for sure!
Post a Comment