Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year Halloween was kind of a bust for us. We didn't get to follow through with any of our traditions, but the kids still had a blast and that's all that matters. The day before Halloween was our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. Blake had been super sick for a few days so Trent stayed home with him and I took the girls. It was chilly that night. I think it was the first year we have lived here that I have put heavy coats on the girls. Avery was very cold and tired. It turned out that she had a fever as well.
Ashlyn and Avery ready to get some candy at the Trunk-or-Treat.
I ended up carrying Avery to get her candy and she fell asleep on my shoulder.
On Halloween we felt that Blake was well enough to go Trick-or-Treating. I really wanted him to wear the costume that I had made for him. I bundled up the kids with long sleeved shirts and leggings under their skirts and we headed out. Here is my cowgirl, Supergirl, and Charlie Brown.
This was a lawn ornament at somebody's house. Trent thought this picture was funny because it had warmed up a lot for Halloween night and he was wearing shorts and flip-flops. Who else can do that on Halloween:)
Blake ended up screaming at the end so we cut our night a little short and headed home. He was much happier there.
Here's Avery showing off all of her candy.
And Ashlyn too.
Blake had been screaming again and all of a sudden he stopped. So, I went over to him and this is what I saw. I guess all he really wanted was to eat some candy.
So, even though we didn't get to go to a pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins, or make any special treats we still ended up having a great time. And it was definitely a Halloween to remember.

5 comments:

ETCK said...

The costumes turned out really cute! They looked adorable.

JennyJ said...

All of the kids looked SO cute! I loved all of their costumes! I'm sorry that Blake and Avery were sick, but I'm glad that they're feeling better. XOXO's!!! Miss you!

Taylor family said...

Jenny, do you have a blog now? It says it's private and I'm not invited. I'd love to see it. I miss you too!

Vic and Jan said...

What cute costumes! Maybe the girls will model them for us when we come to visit. Holidays are so fun!

Shelley said...

So cute. I love the Charlie Brown costume. Halloween is so much fun. I also loved Avery's wonder woman. Where did you get that?