Sunday, October 24, 2010

Time Out For Women

This past weekend was one of the most spiritually and emotionally uplifting weekends that I have had.  My mom and my cousin Jamie came from Utah and my aunt came from California and we met in Las Vegas to go to "Time Out for Women" together.  "Time Out for Women" is a Friday night and Saturday all day full of speakers and singers of the LDS faith.  The speakers were Ardeth Kapp, John Bytheway, Kris Belcher, Linda Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier, Brad Wilcox, and Jill Manning.  The singers were Mercy River and Dallyn Vails.  The overall theme of the conference was Hope.  There were many times that I felt the speakers had written their talks just for me.  I laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time and then 2 seconds later I would find myself crying.  It was so much fun and it was even better that I was able to share it with people that I love.

3 comments:

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

It was awesome wasn't it?! Thanks so much for opening your home up to us! Wish we could have stayed longer! Next time!

ETCK said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have gone.

Vic and Jan said...

It was indeed an uplifting weekend. We'll have to do it again and again!