Friday, December 10, 2010

Ashlyn's Diorama

I am so behind in my blogging so the next few posts might be a little bit out of order.

The week before Thanksgiving, while I was frantically trying to get the house ready for our many house guests, Ashlyn received her biggest school assignment yet.  She was to create a diorama of a memorable event in her live.  A diorama is a scene created in a shoebox.  As stressful as it was trying to find time to do it, we had so much fun creating it together.  Ashlyn decided to have her theme be "My First Time to the California Beach".  She had all the ideas and I used the hot glue to execute them.
 If you look closely you can see all the details.  The clouds on the top of the box, the seagulls and sun hanging, the sea creatures (stickers) in the ocean and the most exciting part was the real sand that we glued to the bottom of the box.  It's hard to see the beach towels and shells, but they are there.  Of course you can't forget our family smiling from ear to ear.
I had so much fun working on this with Ashlyn.  I can't wait to do even more projects together, lets just hope that they aren't assigned the week before a big holiday:)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is SO cute!! You guys did a good job! What a cute idea she had!

Vic and Jan said...

You are both very clever! I'm glad I got to see the real thing. Doing projects together can be a real bonding experience. Hopefully all your projects with her will be positive ones.

ETCK said...

You two did a great job!

Kathryn Grant said...

That is adorable! Just last week I finished helping Kaitlyn do a diarama of a beach in Mexico.