Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!!!

Eight years ago, the very minute this post was published (11:12 a.m.) I gave birth to my very first child.  It was the happiest moment of my life.  I had dreamt of that day for many years and I couldn't believe it was really happening.  In the year 2000 I had a dream that a little girl with sandy blond, curly hair was running around my backyard.  At the time I thought I was dreaming about what my older sister's baby would look like.  Little did I know that I was dreaming about my own child.  Ashlyn has grown into the most beautiful and amazing girl and I am so proud to call her my daughter.  
 Ashlyn, age 0 (yes I know I look exhausted.  26 hrs. of labor will do that to you!)
 Ashlyn, age 2
 Ashlyn, age 4
 Ashlyn, age 6
Ashlyn, age 8.  Just a few samples of her baptism pictures taken by my sister, Tanya, at the Draper, Utah temple.  This is a special temple for her because she lived in Draper the first 3 years of her life and because we were able to tour this temple as a family before its dedication.  I still can't get over how beautiful she looks.




WE LOVE YOU ASHLYN!!!

2 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

That post brought tears to my eyes. Ashlyn is a very, very special girl. We are so proud to be her grandparents.

ETCK said...

Awww, so sweet! She is such a beautiful girl and we love her so much. Happy birthday Ashlyn!