Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Walk on the Strip

This summer most of Ashlyn's soccer team plus a few siblings, coaches and parents, went for a walk on the Las Vegas strip.  It was super hot, so we packed backpacks (which I ended up carrying) with tons of water and snacks and headed on our way.  We started at Circus Circus and ended up at the M&M store.  That is pretty much the entire strip.  We didn't just walk on the side walk either.  We went into every hotel mall and went up and down all the stairs we could find.  It took us a few hours and there were some moments that I wish I could erase from Ashlyn's memory, but overall it was tons of fun and the kids had a blast.
 This picture is priceless!  Ashlyn's good friend Brette from her team has 2 older brothers that came with us on the walk.  The 13 year old gave Ashlyn a piggy back ride across the street.  I had to take a picture because it was her first real contact with a boy.  When I saw the picture I couldn't stop laughing.  Her smile is HUGE, but she is barely resting her hands on his shoulders trying as hard as she can not to touch him too much.
 When we got to our final destination we were greeted by all sorts of characters including one that I wish I could erase from Ashlyn's memory as well as mine:)
The strip may not seem to be the ideal place to take a bunch of 8 year old girls, but we actually had a fantastic time and got some great exercise.

1 comment:

Vic and Jan said...

Was the long walk for fun, or was it endurance training? Sounds like lots of fun for the most part.