I am almost a full year behind on my blogging and after hearing many times from my family members that I needed to update, I figured I better get started. So the first story that I bring you is one that happened just this past Sunday. It is the story of "The Missing Tooth".
This is how we started our Sunday morning. Trent thought that Blake looked super handsome so he took a picture of him before we left for church.
After church everything changed.
Here is the story. Blake was climbing and jumping off of everything as usual. He climbed onto the love seat and was lying on the back of it. I asked him to get off and reminded him of the time that he fell and landed on his head and how scary that was for all of us. I thought he was getting down so I turned around. All of a sudden I heard a loud smack. The noise still haunts me. It was followed by screams and blood and more screams. As soon as I saw what had happened I knew his tooth was going to have to be pulled. I called the dentist who was nice enough to call me right back even though it was Sunday. We decided that we would come in first thing Monday morning for x-rays and most likely an extraction. I think the worst part for me was as Blake was screaming he paused just long enough to look at me and say "you were supposed to catch me". Those words absolutely broke my heart.
Blake was very brave at the dentist. They gave him some juice to relax him. It definitely worked. He was shaking his "booty" all over the waiting room. Then it was time for the laughing gas. After a few minutes he looked at me and said in a funny voice "I like this stuff". I wish I could write the funny things that he said, but it wasn't really the words that were funny, just the way he said them. After he was done we went to Target to pick out his "superhero" toy since he was as brave as a super hero. He tried to sit in the cart backwards. I guess he was still a little loopy. He chose a Captain America shield and Spiderman glove. Then we went home and fell asleep while watching Avengers together.
It took a few days to get used to his new smile. At first, every time I would look at him I would get a sick feeling in my stomach reminding me of what happened. Now all I see is my adorable little guy who is all smiles as usual. During an accident you don't often think about how blessed you are, but afterwards it is blatantly clear. We were so blessed. It was just a tooth, luckily it was only 1 since the others received quite a lot of trauma as well, it was a baby tooth, and IT WAS JUST A TOOTH. I feel so lucky to be able to look at my toothless little boy every day and smile.
2 comments:
THANKS FOR THE BLOG POST. We're so glad that Blake is safe. He is still as cute as ever!
His new smile is pretty cute. Glad to see you are back in the blogosphere.
Post a Comment