Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Look Back In Time - January 2012

I have been a terrible blogger.  I think I only posted about 2 or maybe 3 things that happened in the year 2012.  I have decided to create 1 long post per month in order to catch up (maybe more depending on the amount of activities we did).  So, here goes.
2012 started off with a bang.  Some friends of ours threw a New Year's Eve party for a bunch of families/neighbors.  Trent wasn't feeling well, so I took the kids and we had a great time, even without him.  We had Cafe Rio catered and played games.  The kids played with friends and watched movies.
 Here are some of the kids from that night.
Two days later the year got even better.  Avery turned 6 years old!  She loves going to school and playing with her friends, especially her BFF Ari who lives in our neighborhood, goes to our church, and is in her Kindergarten class.  Avery is such a smartie pants and has the best laugh out of anyone I know.  I wasn't a great mom and didn't plan a birthday party for her until March, so stay tuned for pictures from that.
 Along with turning 6 Avery also lost her very first tooth!
 Blake became a Sunbeam in church.  (kids ages 3 at the start of the year).  He was able to help prepare his very first talk and deliver it in front of the primary kids.  I was worried that he wouldn't do it because he has a fear of people, but he did and he did a fantastic job.
 Random picture.  I thought this picture was too funny not to share.  All three kids are piled on the love seat watching a movie on the DVD player that goes in the car, while the big screen TV is right there in front of them.
 Our friends the Landon's took us to a really fun trampoline place.  The kids jumped and jumped for hours.  It's really hard to get good pictures of kids jumping, but here are 2 that turned out okay.

 We went ice skating at this really neat skating rink that is set up on top of Lake Las Vegas with our good friends the Larreau's.  This was Blake's first time ice skating.  The girls had been once before and picked up on it really fast.  It was so much fun.


Well, that was January in a nutshell.  Stay tuned for February!

2 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

Too many different activities to comment on. I think it was great that you took the kids to a party without Trent.

ETCK said...

Sounds like a fun month!