Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Look Back In Time - June, Utah part 2

The second half of our trip to Utah was just as packed as the first, if not more.  Here are just a few of the many, many pictures that I took.
The kids love going to the Hogle Zoo.  I don't think they would let me get away with going to Utah and not stopping at the zoo since we don't have one here.  I was very impressed this year with all the updates that they have made. 
 Ashlyn being her "sassy self".

 I think that every year I have taken a picture of the kids in front of this sign.  Someday I'll have to find them all and compare.

 Draper has a new water park called Cowabunga Bay.  Ashlyn and Avery's soccer coach and their family happened to be in Utah and came to this water park with us.  It was nice for Ashlyn since there was a 14 year old girl for her to hang out with.  She went on almost all of the slides and was only scared on a few of them.  Avery loved the lazy river the most.  I think Blake enjoyed the kid area the most because the slides were perfectly sized for him.  We love this place.  If it wasn't so pricey, we would go back all the time.

 The highlight of the trip for me, and I think for both of the girls too, was when we went to watch the USA Women's soccer team play against Canada.  This was a friendly game just prior to the Olympics.  It was a once in a lifetime experience that I am so thrilled that I was able to have and share with my family.
 The biggest surprise of the day was when we passed the Utah Soccer Hall of Fame wall and saw a picture of my grandpa!  He is just left of my dad in this photo.  It brings tears to my eyes to see his picture there and know of his love for soccer and watching us kids play.  He sure would have gotten a kick out of seeing my kids play.
 Ashlyn loved every minute of the game. 

 She especially love it when we say Hope Solo (the goalie) make an incredible save in front of us.
 Blake was not into having his picture taken, but we had to document this special day anyways.
We always have so much fun when we go to Utah.  I should clarify that Trent doesn't usually take this trip with us that's why he isn't in any pictures:)  We had the time of our lives.  When all is said and done the best parts are the quiet times spent with grandma and grandpa.  Cooking with them, relaxing with them, reading with them, or even just watching a movie with them.  These are memories that I hope my kids will remember forever!

1 comment:

Vic and Jan said...

We did lots of fun things, but I'm glad that you enjoy just 'hanging out' too. The kids will remember these fun times with all the great pictures! You're so lucky to live in the times of digital cameras. When you were young it was expensive to take pictures and you never knew if they turned out until after the film was developed. Then no chance of retaking the picture.