Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation Day!

I can't believe it! Our little girl is no longer a preschooler. It's hard for me to think of my own child being so grown up. I try to picture her sitting in one of my Kindergarten classes and it seems so strange. Ashlyn had such a wonderful year at preschool. She loved all the new friends she made and she especially loved her teacher Miss Monaca.
Her favorite things to do at school were play, write, and learn to read. She loves to learn and gets so excited when she gets to do homework, or read a book. (I couldn't get Ashlyn to smile in this picture. She said that she was too sad to leave preschool and just couldn't smile.)When we went to the school for the graduation the room was decorated with the kids profiles and hand prints. The kids walked in with their graduation hats on and Miss Monaca presented each child with a diploma, goody bag, and an adorable yearbook. Ashlyn we are so proud of all the work you have done this year. We love you and can't wait to see all the progress you make in the years to come.

6 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

The fun has just begun! My two favorite periods of parenthood are 1)elementary school and 2)adulthood. You, being a professional teacher, will have better insights of how to encourage learning. I'm so glad Ashlyn loves learning!

ashtrost said...

Wait, Ashlyn is going into Kindergarten? I thought she had a September birthday? If so I'm jealous.

Heidi said...

That is so fun that Ashlyn graduated! I was crying at Cadence's graduation! They will have so much fun in K though.

Tara Joy said...

How sweet is it that she wouldn't smile. I love that and I love Monica too. She use to be my visiting teaching companion. I am sure she was terrific with Ashlyn.

ETCK said...

How cute! She's growing up so fast. You are a great teacher to your children.

Tennille said...

I can't believe how fast our kiddos grow up. She looks so cute and I laughed because I remember that I couldn't get Peyton to smile last year for his pictures either. Good Job Ashlyn.